The sacrament of Confirmation is a special outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the candidate to strengthen their baptismal vocation and to awaken the gifts necessary for active participation in the life of the Church. In the scriptures, the Holy Spirit bestowed upon the apostles the gift of courage: to tell the Good News, to share the faith, to boldly proclaim the “mighty deeds of God who has called us out of darkness into his marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). It is imperative that every disciple seek out the gifts of the Spirit offered gratuitously through the sacrament of Confirmation.
Requirements to be Confirmed at St. Mary Magdalen
1. Baptism and First Communion Certificate
2. Active and Practicing Catholic: Starting this fall, teens must be regularly attending weekend Mass.
3. Attend 1 year to youth ministry meetings and parents must attend evangelization classes same time and day as the teenagers attend youth ministry
4. Attend 1 year to confirmation classes
5. Confirmation name: Candidates must select a saint or blessed person to study and emulate as a patron for confirmation.
6. Sponsor: A practicing Catholic fully initiated in the catholic church, being in a state of grace, be 16 years or older and willing to attend, sponsor meeting, confirmation rehearsal and meet 4 times one on one with candidate
7. Service Hours: 10 service hours are required to each candidate, to be done at our community
8. Weekend confirmation Retreat: Every candidate needs to attend a weekend retreat in order to qualify for confirmation.
The Confirmation Retreat name is the “Fire and Ice” Retreat, it will be held at El Shaddai Retreat Camp in 3000 FM884, Yorktown, TX 78164
Retreat Fee is $100 must be paid by December 16th, if unable to pay contact Mrs. Karinna Soto, money should not be an obstacle for the teen not to attend the retreat
DEPARTURE: ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2019
MEET IN JUBILEE HALL by 5:00pm
BUS WILL LEAVE AT 5:30pm
ARRIVAL TIME: ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 6, 2019
BACK AT CHURCH APPROXIMATELY 4:45pm
TO ATTEND 5:30pm MASS – Students will be released after mass
Pay with cash or check at the church office or online here: PAY HERE
Parent Permission Form English DOWNLOAD
Forma de Retiro Español DOWNLOAD
If you have any questions regarding confirmation in general please contact Youth Minister email@example.com